Date of Birth: 09-09-2000
Place of Birth: Dhanana, Haryana
Sakshi came under the limelight and caught the attention of the boxing fraternity when she beat US National Champion Yarisel Ramirez in the finals of the AIBA Junior Women’s World Championships in 2015, in Taipei. A national champion in her weight category Sakshi, is in top shape now, having a successive second winning streak at the recently concluded World Youth Championship in Hungary where she won a gold in the 57 kg category. Stamping her superiority on the sport, Shakshi, she had also won the gold at the Balkan Open in Bulgaria of late. She also has a bronze and a silver medal from exposure tournaments in Serbia earlier this year.
The 17-year-old was trained in her formative years by Jagdish Singh at the Bhiwani Boxing Academy. While she bagged the fourth gold for India at the prestigious World Championship in Guwahati, she believes that Indian boxing is ready for a breakthrough. With an indomitable attitude and a strong self-belief, the young boxer is all ready for a jump to the big league.
- 2018: AIBA Women’s Youth World Boxing Championships; Hungary: Gold
- 2017: Youth Women Nationals; Delhi: Gold
- 2017: Women’s Youth World Boxing Championships; Guwahati: Gold
- 2017: Balkan Youth International Boxing Championship; Sofia, Bulgaria: Gold
- 2015: Junior World Championship; Turkey: Gold