Date of Birth: 09-09-2000
Place of Birth: Dhanana, Haryana
Sakshi came under the limelight and caught the attention of the boxing fraternity when she beat US National Champion Yarisel Ramirez in the finals of the AIBA Junior Women’s World Championships in 2015, in Taipei. A national champion in her weight category, Sakshi is in top shape now, having won the gold at the Balkan Open in Bulgaria of late. She also has a bronze and a silver medal from exposure tournaments in Serbia earlier this year.
The 18-year-old was trained in her formative years by Jagdish Singh at the Bhiwani Boxing Academy. While she bagged the fourth gold for India at the prestigious Youth World Championship in Guwahati, she believes that Indian boxing is ready for a breakthrough. The young boxer proved her indomitable attitude and strong self-belief by clinching her biggest ever career gold medal at the Youth World Championship.
- 2020: Silver at Cologne World Cup, Germany
- 2019: Silver at 4th Elite Women National Championships, Kerala
- 2019: 3rd Elite Women National Championships, Vijaynagar, Karnataka: Bronze
- 2018: AIBA Youth Women World Championships, Budapest, Hungary: Gold
- 2018: AIBA Asian Youth Women Championships-Participated
- 2017: Youth Women Nationals; Delhi: Gold
- 2017: Women’s Youth World Boxing Championships; Guwahati: Gold
- 2017: Balkan Youth International Boxing Championship; Sofia, Bulgaria: Gold
- 2015: Junior World Championship; Turkey: Gold