Date of Birth: 14-06-1996
Place of Birth: Nizamabad, Telangana
A world youth and junior champion, Nikhat Zareen is amongst the few current crops of boxers to have flourished at the international stage. With her slew of wins as a teenager and a promising career to look forward to; was soon struck by a tragedy. The World Junior champion snapped her shoulder during an Inter-University Championships bout, forcing her out of the ring for nearly a year.
While the Nizamabad-based pugilist broke all barriers to become the first Muslim girl to take up Boxing professionally and represent India; staying away from the ring for almost a year was the toughest phase of her life so far.
Defying all odds and the detractors; the 21-year-old made a resounding comeback. On her comeback match in Serbia, she won gold. She romped a 5-0 win over Greece’s Koutsoeorgopoulou Aikaterini in the final.
It is the unfathomable self-belief and determination that makes Zareen plough through, while her whole focus at this moment is to achieve optimum fitness, the Hyderabadi lass looks forward to leaving her mark for other to get inspired.
- 2019: 2nd India Open, Guwahati Assam: Silver
- 2019: Asian Championships, Bangkok, Thailand: Silver
- 2019: 70th Strandja Boxing Tournament, Sofia, Bulgaria: Gold
- 2018: 56th Belgrade Winner International Championship; Serbia:XXX
- 2018: Women Senior Nationals; Rohtak; Haryana: Bronze
- XXX: Youth World Championship, Taipie: Gold
- XXX: Junior World Championship, XXX: Gold