Rohit Tokas (67kg)
Date of Birth: 01.08.93.
Place of birth: Delhi
Born in Munirka, a village located in South West Delhi, Rohit and his elder brother first fell in love with boxing by watching movies on television and that subsequently prompted their father to enroll them to a local club.
For the young Rohit, who had lost interest from boxing for some time, a school bully once again encouraged him to rediscover his passion. At the age of 7, when Rohit had decided to give up the sport after learning the basics, his standard VI classmate challenged him for a bout and knocked him out. But that tryst with the sport helped to rekindle his passion and he finally found his calling. Rohit never had to look back since that day. Rohit later beat him to become the Delhi state champion.
Rohit’s career graph only soared from there. After conquering the sub-junior level, he was crowned the champion at the Youth Nationals in 2010. After a silver from Cuban Youth Olympics in 2011, he secured the bronze at his first senior national-level tournament in 2012 and followed it up with the gold at the All-India Inter University Games the next year.
A bronze at the King’s Cup in 2015 was his last significant medal in the 60kg after which he switched to 64kg where he impressed equally with a silver at the first Elite Men’s National Boxing Championships in 2016. After a couple of bronze medals at the 2017 King’s Cup and the 2018 India Open, he grabbed the glittering gold at the 3rd Elite Men’s National Championships and also got a bronze at the Makran Cup in 2019.
- 2019: Makran Cup, Iran: Bronze
- 2018: 3rd Elite Men’s National Championships: Gold
- 2018: India Open, New Delhi: Bronze
- 2017: King’s Cup, Thailand: Bronze
- 2016: 1st Elite Men’s National Boxing Championships: Silver
- 2015: King’s Cup, Thailand: Bronze
- 2013: All-India Inter University Games: Gold
- 2012: 1st Dr. BR Ambedkar All India Men Boxing Tournament: Bronze
- 2011: Cuban Youth Olympics: Silver
- 2010: Youth Men National Boxing Championships: Gold