Date of Birth: 02-10-1997
Place of Birth: Assam
Lovlina has enjoyed success since her foray and her journey into the contact sport is an intriguing affair. Following the footsteps of her twin sisters Licha and Lima, the Assamese first took up kickboxing. It was only when she met her first coach Padum Boro, her life took definite turn. Boro who worked at Sports Authority of India’s Shillong and Dimapur centers introduced her to boxing and since then there has been no looking back for Lovlina.
Having found her love in boxing, Lovlina was always on the lookout for an opportunity. And it came within a few months. SAI was holding the trials at Barpathar Girls High School, where she studied, and Lovlina showed her skills when she took part in the trials. That’s how Boro noticed her exceptional talent started honing it from 2012.
Cut to 2018, the 20-year-old has represented India at the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast. She was selected for the prestigious event on the back of some brilliant performances in recent months — gold at India Open, bronze at Asian Championships in Vietnam and bronze at President’s Cup in Astana. The boxer from Assam ensured a Bronze medal for herself in her maiden appearance at the World Championship which took place in India for the very first time in November 2018. She also won a gold medal at the 3rd Elite Women’s Nationals in Vijayanagar.
- 2020: Bronze at Asia-Oceania Olympic Qualifier, Jordan
- 2019: Bronze at World Championships, Russia
- 2019: Gold at Umakhanov Memorial International Boxing Tournament, Russia
- 2019: Silver at India Open, Guwahati
- 2019: 70th Strandja Elite Women Boxing Championships, Sofia, Bulgaria: Bronze
- 2019: 3rd Women’s National Championship, Vijaynagar: Gold
- 2018: 20th AIBA Women’s World Championship, Delhi: Bronze
- 2018: Ulaanbaatar Cup, International Boxing Championship, Mongolia: Silver
- 2018: Indian Women’s Senior National Championships, Rohtak: Silver
- 2018: Indian Open Boxing Tournament, New Delhi: Gold
- 2017: President’s Cup tournament in Astana: Bronze
- 2017: Asian Boxing Championships, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam: Bronze
- 2015: Nations Women’s Youth Cup, Subotica, Serbia: Silver
- 2014: Golden Gloves of Vojvodina Youth Tournament, Subotica, Serbia: Bronze
- 2014: Nations Women’s Youth Cup, Vrbas, Serbia: Bronze
- 2013: Nations Women’s Junior Cup, Zrenjanin, Serbia: Silver
- 2012: Indian Women’s Junior National Championships: Gold