Date Of Birth: 13-10-1999
Place of Birth: Hisar, Haryana
Hisar-born Shashi got into sports at a tender age. Her parents wanted her to take up wrestling, though, just to be physically fit. She gave it a shot for a year before the boxing bug got to her.
Coming from an army background, Shashi had the fighting spirit in her genes and her dreams got fired up when she saw her idol, Saina Nehwal win the gold at the 2010 Commonwealth Games.
She has already found success at international outings, winning a gold and silver in Bulgaria and Istanbul in 2017. National winner in 2016, Shashi’s biggest achievement is the gold medal she won at the Youth Women’s World Championship in Guwahati.
Shashi had her fair share of injuries and setbacks in the past few years. Recently, she won the gold medal in 63 kg at the 2022 Senior National Championships in Bhopal.
Her growth has been slow but steady, with the current year promising to be a game-changer. Clinical and feisty inside the ring, Shashi will be one of India’s strong medal bets at upcoming tournaments.
- 2022: Gold at Senior National Championships, Bhopal
- 2017: AIBA Youth Women’s World Championship; Guwahati: Gold
- 2017: Balkan Youth International Boxing Championship; Bulgaria: Gold
- 2017: 31st International Ahmet Comert Boxing Tournament; Istanbul: Silver
- 2016: National Championship; New Delhi, 2016: Gold