Sanamacha Chanu (75kg)
Sanamacha Chanu has been another of India’s fastest-rising young women pugilists and one of the shining stars from last year’s ASBC Youth Asian Men & Women Championship, where five Indian women boxers clinched the gold. Chanu was one of the five, who had also won the Esker All Female Boxing Cup the same year.
A very fast learner and a diligent student of the game, Chanu worked on her mistakes after having to settle for the silver at the 2017 Junior Women National Boxing Championship.
The next year she returned to take the highly-coveted gold and added the Youth Nationals gold medal as well a year later.
There is no doubt that if Chanu continues to work hard the way she is doing now, she will be one of the stars to watch in the future.
- 1st Junior Women National Boxing Championship Rohtak, Haryana 2017- Silver
- 1st Khelo India Games, Delhi, 2018-Silver
- 2nd Junior Women National Boxing Championship, 2018 -Gold
- Khelo India Youth Games Pune, Maharashtra, 2019-Bronze
- 3rd Youth Men &Women National Boxing Championship, 2019-Gold
- Khelo India Youth Games Guwahati, Assam, 2020-Silver
- 2nd Junior Nation Cup, Serbia, 2018- Silver
- 7th Nation Cup Serbia, 2018- Silver
- 8th Golden Gloves Vojvodina Youth Women, 2019- Silver
- Esker All Female Boxing Cup, Ireland, 2019- Gold
- ASBC Asian Youth Men & Women Boxing Championship, Mongolia, 2019-Gold