One of the best boys to emerge from the junior section in recent years has been Ankit Narwal and he has already left an indelible mark both in the national and international circuits. With an enviable haul of three gold medals from the three editions of the Khelo India Games, Narwal is one of India’s biggest hopes for the future of men’s boxing.
His resilience and refusal to give up in a bout are traits that should take him far as shown by his performances in continental events. After a bronze at the ASBC Junior Asian Boxing Championship in Philippines, he went one step further to take the silver at the ASBC Youth Asian Boxing Championship in Mongolia.
If he can continue training and fighting with the same self-belief, then sky is the limit for Narwal.
- 62nd School National Games, Delhi, 2016-Gold
- 1st Jr Men’s National Championship, Guwahati in 2017-Gold
- 2nd Jr Men’s National Championship, Chandigarh in 2018-Bronze
- 1st Khelo India School Games 2018-Bronze
- 2nd Khelo India Youth Games 2019-Bronze
- 3rd Khelo India Youth Games 2020-Gold
- ASBC Jr Asian Boxing Championship 2017 -Bronze
- ASBC Youth Asian Boxing Championship Mongolia in 2019-Silver