Jyoti (51 kg)
Date of Birth: 16-12-2000
Place of Birth: Rohtak, Haryana
A promising prospect, who enjoys an exemplary record, Jyoti’s tryst with boxing was predestined. Battling her parents to let her pursue the dream, the Haryana girl often had to sneak out of the house to practice.
Her dedication and perseverance soon bore fruit as she found success in the rudimentary tournaments in Rohtak. While her parents were still unaware of their daughter’s prowess, it was in 2012 when she was selected to participate in the State Championship that she had to reveal her secret.
A new life chapter in the offing, Jyoti set herself the goal of making it big in the sport. She won the State Championship but her big break came in the 2017 AIBA Youth Women’s World Championship which was hosted in India.Jyoti was at her imperious best, winning the gold and in the process, qualifying for the Buenos Aires 2018 Youth Olympic Games.
In 2021, she stunned the two-time World Champion Nazym Kyzaiby of Kazakhstan at the Strandja Memorial Boxing tournament in Bulgaria. At the recently concluded Senior National Championship in Bhopal, she won the silver medal.
- 2022: Silver medal at the Senior National Championship, Bhopal
- 2019: Gold medal at the Senior National Championship, Kannur
- 2019: Bronze at India Open, Guwahati
- 2018: Youth Olympics, Buenos Aires, Argentina: Participated
- 2018: Golden Glove of Vojvodina Youth Men & Women Boxing Tournament: Serbia: Silver
- 2017: AIBA Youth Women’s World Championship; Guwahati: Gold
- 2017: 31st International Ahmet Comert Boxing Tournament, Istanbul:Silver
- 2017: 6th Golden Glove women’s Boxing Tournament; Serbia: Gold
- 2017: Youth Women Nationals; Delhi: Gold
- 2013: National Games: Silver