Date of Birth:14-01-2000
Place of Birth: Rohtak, Haryana
Starting her boxing career at a tender age of 12, Jony has mustered well the techniques and is one of the most experienced pugilists in the youth category. However, she had to quit boxing midway owing to family issues. Daughter of a driver, Jony’s precocious talents have always come to the fore. In 2014, adamant to restore her boxing career, Jony made a resounding comeback by winning the gold at the Rural Games Boxing Championship.
Jony soon shot into prominence when she won the silver at the Youth Boxing Championship in Taipei in 2015. The diminutive pugilist has won two gold medals at the nationals, in 2016 and 2018.
With a flourishing career and a plethora of laurels under her belt, the dynamic pugilist of late won the gold at the 7th Nations Cup in Serbia. She also qualified for the quarter final stage of the Asian Boxing Championship in Bangkok. Jony is currently focused on keeping her head clear and is training hard as she prepares for her upcoming challenges.
- 2018: AIBA Asian Youth Boxing Championship; Bangkok- QF
- 2018: 7th Nations Cup; Serbia: Gold
- 2018: Youth Women Nationals; Rohtak: Gold
- 2017: 2017 Commonwealth Youth Games, Bahamas: Silver
- 2016: Youth Women Nationals: Gold
- 2016: 5th Nations Cup boxing tournament; Serbia: Silver
- 2015: AIBA Women’s Youth Boxing Championship; Taipei: Silver
- 2014: Rural Games of India Boxing Championship; Chennai: Gold
- 2012: Youth Nationals; Kolkata: Gold