Ankushita Boro (60 kg)
Date of Birth: 6-10-2000
Place of Birth: Guwahati, Assam
The 22 -year-old Ankushita Boro is one of the talents to watch out for from the North East. She announced her arrival by winning back-to-back silver medals in two Youth International Championships in 2017. A seemingly shy teenager, she transformed into a ferocious fighter in the ring, not afraid of packing a punch.
Her elder brother, who plays volleyball, inspired her to take up sport. The fighting spirit that life inculcated into her has pushed her to her limits and that eventually led her to become a World Champion at the 2017 Youth World Championships in Guwahati.
The pugilist from Assam ended 2022 with a bronze medal at the Asian Championships and a silver medal at the Senior National Championships in Bhopal.
She knows that the road ahead will be tough, but the youngster is confident. The sparring sessions, the rigorous training camps and the foreign exposures have toughened her.
- 2022: Silver at Senior National Championships, Bhopal v2022: Bronze at Asian Championships, Jordan
- 2018: Youth Women’s National; Rohtak: Bronze
- 2017: AIBA Youth Women’s World Championship; Guwahati: Gold
- 2017: Balkan Youth International Boxing Championship, Bulgaria-Silver
- 2017: 31st International Ahmet Comert Boxing Tournament, Istanbul-Silver