Alfiya Tarannum Khan Pathan (81+ kg)
Nagpur’s only international boxer, Alfiya Tarannum Khan Pathan has been leaving everybody trailing in her wake with a series of consistent performances both in the national circuit and on the international stage. The Nagpur Police constable’s daughter has a keen eye for spotting her opponent’s weakness and uses it to her advantage. She has been on a medal-winning spree since 2016 when she took the silver in 80kg at the National School Games and added the gold from the Khelo India Games as well as the Junior Nationals.
But Alfiya’s crowning glory came when she beat Kazakhstan’s Diana Magauyayeva 4-1 to bag the gold at the Asian Junior Girls Championship 2019. After the bout, Alfiya admitted she had been feeling the pressure but let her determination and killer instinct do the talking instead. And that attitude itself bodes well for the future.
- 62nd National School Games, 2016—(80 kg)- -Silver
- 63rd National School Games, 2017- (80 kg)-Gold
- 1st Khelo India School Games, Delhi, 2018-(80 kg) -Gold
- 64rd National School Games, 2018-(60kg) -Gold
- 3rd Junior Women National Boxing Championship, 2019
- 65th National School Games, 2019
- 2nd Junior Nation Cup, Vrbas, 2018-Silver
- 3rd Junior Nation Cup, Vrbas, 2019,Bronze
- Asian Junior Girls Championship 2019, Gold